Saturday, July 25, 2009

8 Months Old Today



Dear Princess Mia,

Today you turn 8 months old. Time is flying by pretty fast and you are learning all sorts through out the days. You can be a chatterbox when you are by yourself. Sometimes mummy just puts you in your cot for a while so you can learn to entertain yourself. A couple of mornings ago, you woke up in your cot (and not in mummy's bed for a change) and sat up then starting talking to your teddy bear. You also started to pat your teddy bears bottom. I like to think you were "Pok-poking" him to sleep. Mummy & daddy love to overhear your conversations when you are in your cot. It never ceases to put smiles on our faces.

Once you get bored in your cot or if you're just too tired to entertain yourself, you would normally stand up, hang on to the rails, start whinning and go "mummmmuummm". Funnily enough, when you are in a happy mood and you're chit chatting to us, you'll say "Papapapapa". Could it be that, if you are happy, you like your daddy but if your sad, you prefer me? One of the latest things you like to do now is lick you lips which you only started doing recently. Its just simply adorable when after taking a spoonful of porridge, you'll just lick your lips then smile. You have also started munching on those Rusk biscuits which you seem to enjoy alot. It makes me smile to see the end result of the biscuit after you've suck on both ends of it.

Your hands have been doing alot of work as of late. You totally understand mummy when I say "clap your hands" or "give me 5". Basically its the two things that you do well when you are told. If only you understood mummy when I say stop whinning. I guess I'm going to have to make you understand the words "Stop it" next.

Mummy has been trying to teach you to wave bye bye for months then finally yesterday during lunchtime while daddy, me and you were sprawled on the mattress in the room, you looked at yourself in the mirror and started to wave...to yourself. It was one of the happiest moments for mummy. Unfortunately, its still quite difficult to get you to wave to us when we leave.

So my precious 8 month old baby who weighs approximately 8 kilos, I can wait to see what new things you will learn over the next month..

Love you my lil one..