Thursday, July 2, 2009

Fever Number Two

Off to the Clinic


It is a sad today today. Breaking news in Brunei today involves a 12 year old girl who died of H1N1 Influenza today. She already had chronic illnesses and the flu just made it worse. Al-fatihah to the little one. This swine flu is spreading life wildfire and for a small population, we have quite a large amount of H1N1 cases. 93 to be exact. As a mother, I have become very paranoid and angry at those ignorant people who have been suspected of having this disease and are still walking around in public risking contaminating others. I thought, as a small country, we would have been able to control this flu from spreading but unfortunately there are too many irresponsible and ignorant people out there. I thought we would be safe to still go to work, school and even public places but I was wrong. I even heard a suspected person was walking around the ICC at the consumer fair.

I am actually very angry with myself for bringing Mia to the ICC consumer fair last Saturday. I did not assume such irresponsible people would be walking about. I only found out the following day. When Mia started getting a high temperature on Wednesday, I started to freak out. Thursday morning I brought her to the Government clinic and they told me to get a number and wait amongst the many sick people in the waiting area. I looked around and said to the lady that I think its safer for me to go to a private clinic. So off I went to Dr. Asri's clinic. He took a quick look at her, took her temperature and told me not to worry. It's probably a normal fever. Alhamdullillah. Yet, I'm still keeping a look out for any changes in her temperature. Her temperature often rises at night. The highest its been was 37.7 degrees celcius. I put on one of those Kool Fever plasters and luckily it reduced her temperature abit. She neither has a runny nose nor a cough but I can't really tell if she has a headache or any sort of muscle pains. At night she often wakes up whimpering and quickly sucks on my teat for comfort. She still has energy to play in the day time though. I just hope she gets well soon. I ache to see her in such pain. and uncomfortableness. Even my darling hubby saw the worriedness in my face and told me not to worry. Ya Allah, please help my baby girl recover soon.



No comments: