Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Nesting


Wednesday, 12 Nov 2008

Judging myself while reading what I have written since getting pregnant, I think its safe to assume that I have been in a nesting mode since my second trimester. My Sayang, on the other hand, apparently has only just gotten into his nesting mode. Funny thing is, I did not know father-to-be's also could get into the nesting mode. Nesting for my sayang is actually on a whole different level than mine. I nest by shopping for baby and preparing for her arrival whereas my sayang decides to splurge on a new home entertainment system so "baby can enjoy watching sesame street" while we are at work. Haha!

Over a span of two days, Sayang has bought a Home Theater Set, a new plasma TV and a TV bench to complete our TV room, which is now just perfect. First he bought the home theater set then the Plasma TV. Last night we went to Growing Stars to purchase Baby A's chest of drawers and in the process saw the perfect TV bench for the TV room. So, we bought those two items and ended up assembling the TV bench last night before sitting down to enjoy the new set up.

Daddy's new Entertainment set up

Baby A's new chest of drawers will be arriving tonight so I'll be able to do a little folding and putting things into the drawers during my maternity leave. As maternity leave starts on Monday, I'll also be able to drive down to Sengkurong to have a look see at the white wardrobe in Index. They didn't have any new stock at growing stars of the one I actually wanted, so the next best thing is at Index. A bit more pricey than the one in Growing Stars but its the only one around. I still have my eye on the feeding chair at Growing stars. Will wait for the end of the month to purchase it though. Mummy has already sorted out Baby A's crib, so now its just finding affordable bedding for the cot. I still need to buy a few knick knacks like extra towels, baby's bath set and some of her toiletries. Gosh! I really didn't think it took so much preparation for such a tiny human being.

Baby A's New White Drawers


Thursday, 13 Nov 2008

I had a blast last night while I was out & about doing my own kind of nesting. Sayang had his final night out with the boys before his confinement at home or "being grounded" as he puts it. I appreciate him knowing how important it is for him to stay at home over the next few weeks as I could go into labour anytime, especially for him. Sayang loves his football and occasional night out with the boys so it really means a lot to me when he is willing to just stay home and be there, just in case. Then again its not like he could get bored at home. We have the entertainment system and his X-box plus the boys are always welcome over to keep him company.

So, while he was out, I decided to go out too. First I dropped by to Bismi and bought Baby A's Buku Yasin coz I think she deserves her own plus the one I bought was small enough to put in her baby box. Then I made a trip to Hua Ho Kiulap where I ended up in the Baby section purchasing a waterproof mat for Baby A's cot, a Winnie the Pooh Swaddle blanket with matching mittens & booties. I also got the remaining toiletries like cotton wool, a bottle of Johnson's Baby lotion, top-to-toe wash and baby powder. The underten Valuemart was my last stop. I found Ikea drawer dividers there which seemed perfect for Baby A's new drawer chest.

The Ikea drawer organizer
(Adorable Baby booties from Baby A's uncle Azim)

Ergonomically Designed Grooming Set
(A gift to Baby A from her Uncle Azim)



This morning was my weekly hospital check up. My BP was ok and my weight had increased from 93kg to 93.6kg. I just hope I don't reach the 100kg mark. That would kill me. I can't imagine carrying all that weight around.



Friday, 14 Nov 2008

Last night was spent having a little quality time with my Sayang. Before you get all sorts of ideas, let me correct you if you think we either had a romantic dinner or a night out at the movies. Our quality time together started off by ordering 'delivery' from McDonalds, then out to the stationary shop to buy a big black piece of cardboard then back home to proceed with trying to hide the electrical wires hanging around the TV area.

Maternity leave starts on Monday so I will definitely have a blast with last minute preparations. I've already got a list of things to do to keep me occupied during my pre-labour days. I've already started a habit of putting on Little einstein's CD's on TV for Baby to listen to in the mornings, courtesy of Azim who bought them in Singapore during his recent trip. Baby A always starts kicking when she hears the characters singing. I still need to try and purchase the Baby einstein DVD's for baby A. Will sort that out next week.

Little Einsteins CD's for Baby A



3 comments:

sofie said...

0o0o0o~~` little einstein's eyh? dang~ baby A might just be one listening to that! i shall make her listen to Mozart and Bach:D lol. brabis:P

Lil Peanut's Mum said...

haha....yeah ur uncle andy said "Oh No, not another musician!" He sooo wants baby A to be an tennis player or something..haha...I told him she needs to be cultured to and listen to classical music! hehehe

sofie said...

what's wrong with musicians?! we need more of them:P hehehe. she'd be smart like her kakas;D heeee~ besides, i could give chea... free classes;D LOL.

she is ADORABLE!!!! update your blog lors~~~ :P