Sunday, November 2, 2008

Preparations

I've finally gotten started and nearly finished with packing the hospital bags. I didn't realize there are so many bulky things to pack for a hospital stay of 2 days. I actually have to pack 2 bags. One for myself & hubby and the other for Baby A. My bag is still incomplete as I still need to put in Nursing Bra, Bra Pads, Dressing Gown, water bottle, my cardigan and 1 more Towel. As for my toiletries, I need to add in 2 Toothbrushes, Toothpaste, Deodorant, body lotion and baby oil. Couple days before D-Day, I'll need to put in a change of clothes for myself, a change of clothes for my better half, 2 pillows, a throw-over, ipod & headphones, camera & charger and the mobile phone chargers. Besides all that, I will have to also remember to put in Baby's Blanket & pillow set for the hospital crib.

Its really not easy trying to get organized. But so far, so good. I've got Baby A's first outfit ready. Mummy was so nice to wash some of the baby's clothes so once she did that, I packed one set consisting of a sleepsuit, a pair of mittens, a hat, a diaper, a swaddle blanket and a towel in a zip lock bag (idea courtesy of Jenny). This keeps the baby clothes smelling nice plus none of Baby A's stuff in her baby box will be messed up by the nurses or get germs on them. Thanks Jenny! Baby A's daddy suggested that an all white attire would be appropriate, "Bersih usulnya" he said.

Baby A's First All-White Outfit
(Courtesy of her Auntie Mama)

Baby A's box is ready too. I bought one of those Baby Boxes from Mothercare ages ago and have been trying to fill in up since. Now its finally perfect after asking nearly everyone what would be the necessary things to bring as I don't won't to overload myself with things I won't end up using. Kak Ayu is a god-send. She basically gave me the run-down on what actually would be needed for the hospital and briefed me on what to expect at the RIPAS hospital.

Baby A's box consists of 3 outfits, one towel, 2 binders, 2 tarry nappys (for breast feeding), 20 diapers, 2 swaddle blankets, Baby wipes and toiletries; powder, lotion, cologne and diaper cream. Mummy also put in a bar of Johnson's Baby soap so everything in the box will smell Johnson-nie!! hehe..Thanks mummy! As for the diaper cream, I have decided not to use the Drapolene so I'm going to have to nip out later and buy a tub of Sudocream. In the process of doing shopping I will also have to remind myself to buy cotton wool, Johnsons Baby oil, Minyak Telon and buku Yasin yang small.

Baby A's Box

Assuming all goes well, insyallah and its time to leave the hospital, I think I am going to have to break the 'Babyzone' rule of putting baby in a carrier since we haven't bought one. Instead, baby will be travelling home in her Bassinet. Of course I'll be sitting in the back seat with her and it won't be for a long period as we only live 5 minutes away from the hospital. I finally purchased the Moses basket from mothercare but had to air it out because the basket had a funny smell. Mummy also washed the covers for the bassinet and she iron-ed them too. I owe her alot. I wouldn't know what to do without her. If you happen to read this mummy, I love you!!!
I think she deserves a very special gift from me for her birthday in January.

The moses basket

2 comments:

Fatin said...

Youre going to be such an awesome mom. I wish i got t have stuff like this written for me. Reminds me of Suzannes diary for nicholas. I cant wait to see the baby in december! I miss you guys:)

Lil Peanut's Mum said...

Hi lai~

Aww...thanks..I do hope I'll be a good mum. It does worry me. Your coming back in December? Yayyy! That's nice to hear. At least you'll be able to see the baby :)

U take care sweetie!

Love Auntie Kim