Thursday, February 5, 2009

Finally its Friday


Thank God its finally Friday. Today Mia spends the day with her Auntie Inah since we still don't have a nanny for her yet. Apparently our application for a maid's quota was denied and we have to write a "Rayuan" letter. Basically we have to write a letter to beg them to approve our application. So in the mean time, Mia has her Grandma to babysit her from Monday to Thursday then on Fridays is off to Jerudong to spend the day with Ka'Inah. At least I know she's in safe hands plus it will be good "socializing" time for her.

Since I've started work, I've realized Mia starts to cry in her sleep at night. I'm thinking it could be just nightmares or maybe just maybe she misses me. I've also observed that she drooling and munching on her hands alot, especially since she "found" her hands. It happened when she just turned 2 months, I was changing her then suddenly she wasn't amused by the fan anymore. She was staring at her hand and moving it about and looked like she was happy. If only I could read her mind. Instead I'm guessing she's thinking, "Owhh, so if I move it this way, it goes this way. Rupanya I can control this object.." hehe. She's also started blowing bubbles. Must be all the saliva she's producing.

I'm still bottle feeding but when she's at home with me at night, she breastfeeds. During my last month of maternity leave, I managed to cut back to just 2-3 bottles of 5oz of milk. According to the tinned formula she is now suppose to be taking 6oz of milk but I've managed to maintain it at 5oz. Currently, she takes one and a half in the morning, gulps down my breastmilk during lunchtime and she has another bottle in the afternoon. So I really need to see her during lunch and I also have to start pumping regularly at work. The Fenugreek seed supplements helps a little bit but everytime I pump I still get a lousy 1oz, if I'm lucky. Maybe its my food intake. I think I'll go on a Milo drink & soupy diet, just to experiment. Wish me luck!

No comments: