Monday, February 9, 2009

Two & a Half

Mia today
(taken 9th February)

Mia is now two and a half months old. She's definitely growing up fast. Every lunch time and when I pick her up after work, she will enjoy having a little chat with me first. I like to think she's telling me all about her day with her Grandma who babysits her while I'm at work. Thank God we have now established a routine. I just love routines, it makes life easier. So far, the day starts off with me getting up, showering and changing. Then, if she's not awake by then, I quickly nip downstairs to make breakfast for my darling. If she's already awake and talking to her self in bed, then I bring her along downstairs with me. After preparing breakfast, I load up the car with Mia's baby box then I make some honeywater for her, just in case she gets thirsty on the way to Grandma's house. I dash back upstairs to kiss my darling goodbye and by 7.30am I'm out the door. During lunchtime my darling and myself spend at my mummy's house. I breastfeed Mia, have a little lunch prepared by my ever so dear mummy and try get Mia to take a nap. By 4.30pm, I'm normally out of my office door and try not waste time. When I get to mummy's place, Mia is normally looking happy & satisfied and chatty too. Then as we drive home she nods off to sleep. Yesterday was the first though. We were all on the bed at home and Mia started talking and her daddy started playing with her. Not only did she smile, which she established after her turning one month old, she started laughing, well, giggling and it was adorable.


Her second day at Grandma's
(3rd February)


Since I've started work, Mia has set her own routine. She likes to be diaper-changed, dressed for bed & fed before 9pm so she can go to sleep, otherwise she starts crying. Last night was a laugh though. I was feeding her & trying to put her down to sleep just a little before 9pm in the TV room but she seemed restless so I moved into her room and sat in the chair. She still didn't want to sleep, she wanted to have a chat. So I played with her for a couple of minutes and allowed her to say what she wanted to say then as she sat on my lap facing me, she just suddenly fell drowsy and nodded off. It was hilarious to see her just nod just like that like a switch had been turned on, the Sleeping Switch. But, Alhamdullillah my daughter is a good, obedient girl who realizes the difference between night & day and sleeps throughout the night until about 4am to 5am when she has a feed. I'm adjusting and I think this routine is just perfect for me right now.

No comments: