Monday, February 2, 2009

End of Maternity Leave

2nd February 2009

Today is my second day at work and I miss Mia terribly. To keep her attached to me, I've been doing online 'window' shopping to spruce up her nursery and searching for some frilly knickers for her.

1) Wooden letters
New Arrivals inc.
Kookoo Bear kids
Toy Giant

2) Frilly Knickers
Baby Classics


Yesterday was the beginning of a new routine for me. I had to wake up way earlier than usual, shower & dress then drop Mia off at her Grandma's place. I didn't think it was a good idea to give her a bath so it seems she'll be having bath time with her Grandma from now on. I kissed her goodbye and she started crying as if she knew. I was getting teary-eyed but thought I've got to be strong. So I quickly dashed to the kitchen and made her a bottle of milk and quickly fed it to her. Only then could I say my goodbyes since she was occupied with her feeding. Lunch time was great. It took me 5 minutes to get to my mums place and once I arrived, Mia was such a chatterbox sitting there with her daddy who dropped by for a couple of minutes. She was basically telling us what she did all morning (well, thats what I think).

At lunch today, I got to my mum's place 20 minutes past 12 to find my little baby all dressed up in her new dress and shoes. She looked adorable. I guess I'm used to working now. I do miss her terribly but I'm lucky I get to see her at lunch time. She seems to be quite occupied since mum brings her here, there and everywhere. She definitely got my characteristic of loving to just go out.

All dressed to go out

No comments: