Friday, May 1, 2009

First Fever

My Sick Little Feverish Pumpkin



On Tuesday Mia was feeling quiet warmish. I had a feeling she would be coming down with the fever and that night I was right. She was very hot by the time it was evening and acting very irritated and frustrated. Everytime I was able to get her to sleep, I'd put her down in her cot then ten minutes later she would wake up crying. For two nights she would only sleep on me and for those two nights, by early morning I would end up in her room, asleep, holding her in the feeding chair. I suspected she was teething since she was drooling way too much and she refused to take any milk from the bottle. All I could do was give her some Calpol, which helped reduce her temperature and keep a cold flanel on her forehead to try to keep her temperature down. On wednesday I bought the Cool Fever packs and am very happy with the result. They are much easier than using the wet towel plus they actually stick on Mia's forehead.

Today, Alhamdullillah she's much better. Last night, she did wake up and whimpered in pain but only that once around midnight. She then slept right through till about 5am and was restless. She seemed bored and couldn't sleep. Since I just had no energy to entertain her. I put on her Tigger and Pooh DVD and propped her up on a couple of pillows beside me. I think she fell asleep soon after because when I woke up later on, she was fast asleep.

I haven't check her gums yet to see if her tooth has grown but babycenter said it could be a couple more days yet. It aches to her in pain. I nearly cried when she was crying in pain but then again I'm just glad she's feeling better.

No comments: