Wednesday, December 10, 2008

2 weeks 1 day old

10th December 2008

Yesterday Amellia turned 2 weeks old and so far we have accomplished breastfeeding, well, sometimes. She's still trying to get the hang of it and so am I. It's difficult not knowing if she's latched on correctly since it is one of the many "firsts" in my life. Yet, to be on the safe side and make sure she's getting enough, I also feed her formula.

Two weeks old and she's already got characteristics of her own. She's never far from me which is going to make it difficult when I go back to work. She enjoys falling asleep on my chest in her fetal position, all crunched up which makes me wonder whether its the sound of my heart beat that soothes her or if she justs wants to go back inside her mummy's tummy. I remember the first week when she was asleep on my chest, her daddy came over and said "Both my babies are asleep". It must of been a sight. Amellia's sleeping pattern has changed. Last night she woke up twice. Once at 2.30am and once at 6am. Not bad considering she was in bed by 11pm. She normally falls asleep on my chest or in my arms then I put her in her bassinet so I can spend time with my beloved. Amellia is now officially a citizen as her daddy just picked up her birth certificate yesterday. I must say, I have never been so proud to see my name in print on a document.

My precious angel now is beginning to look alot like me when I was a baby. Funny thing is, she has hairy ears and a hairy back which will eventually disappear, I was told. As for her facial hair and other parts of her body, its all blond. When she was born she looked like she didn't have any eyelashes and eyebrows cause they were so blond. I'm definitely sure she'll be a fair little one, my little snow white~

Her eyes have started to open and she has been trying to focus quite alot. Yesterday, mummy put on the living room disco lights that changes colour and she started staring and absorbing in the colours, well, I think she was only able to see the white lights and red lights. Her eyes have an indescribable colour. They look like they are dark brown and in some light, dark gray. Her eyes don't look as sharp as they did when she was born but she's still as adorable.

Sometimes I pity the little bundle cause I can't breastfeed her fully. I'm worried and surely think I'm not producing enough milk because after every feed she's still hunting for more. Hence, formula milk, which gives her constipation sometimes. So I have to give her a bottle of water to help digest her system. She's so cute with her little sounds that she makes when she's trying to poop.

I find myself constantly looking at her, even when she's asleep. I just can't get over how small her fingers, hands, feet and toes are. I must remind myself to get the 'impressions' kit from mothercare to imprint them so I'll never forget. Looking at her now, I see she's perfect beyond words and wish she could just stay this age forever. I know in a couple of months time, I'll be reading back at this and will be thinking, where did the time go...

I just hope life will treat her well and that she does not have to endure the too much pain in life and that no one will hurt her bad as people have done to me and I pray that she will always know that her mummy & daddy will always be there for her, no matter what.


No comments: