Thursday, December 4, 2008

9 Days Old

4th December 2008


My Dear Chinese Goddess,

You are now only 9 days old and mummy has been itching to write to you. Although you are always by my side, I'd like to keep these letters as a keepsake so when you are older you can read them and always know how much I love you, how much you have changed our lives and how your arrival has made us the happiest couple on earth.

Everyday, your daddy says your face changes. One minute you look chinese then the next you look Eurasian but either way I think you look like mummy when I was a baby. I've even got my baby picture to prove it. Your daddy has dubbed you his little chinese goddess cause for some reason you look very chinesy with those small & sharp eyes, though you have very light brown hair just like mummy. You also have mummy's stubby little button nose and mummy's fair facial hair. As for your lips, they are definitely your daddy's lips. Must of been the effect of watching too many Angelina Jolie movies.

Your Grandma is absolutely over the moon with your arrival as she has come to babysit you everyday except Fridays & Sundays. I personally think she is besotted by you cause the other night she told mummy she couldn't sleep properly, waking up every hour hoping it was morning already so she could come over to see you. Your Grandma has been an angel since mummy gave birth to you. She comes everyday to make sure the kitchen is clean, boiled water is topped up and that I'm getting along okay. She babysits you when I'm getting my daily massage and when I have my Chicken Ginger soup which is made by your Mama who I am so thankful to. Your Mama makes the soup almost everyday for mummy to make sure I'm eating right. She has also come to visit you a couple of times but you've always been asleep when she comes.

At the hospital, you were able to meet your Auntie Sarinah and your cousin Shasha as well as your Uncle Azim & Auntie Sue. Your Nini Boy met you the day after we were discharged from hospital. Your other uncle from mummy's side is your Uncle Rahman. He came to see you the day we returned home from the hospital. Mummy was asleep so your proud daddy showed you to him. His first reaction was "Macam Cina", again I must tell you, you were born looking all chinesy. He took photos of you which he kept looking at before going to bed that night. As for the rest of the family on mummy's side is your Auntie Mama who is pregnant with her first born, Uncle Razak, Auntie Ayu and your three cousins Alisha, Aqyra and Armand.

Your family on daddy's side on the other hand is huge. You have six aunties, six uncles and about 30 cousins. You have your Auntie Sarimah & Uncle Hamir then your Auntie Sarinah and Uncle Shaz, Auntie Sue & Uncle Robert, Uncle Safri & Auntie Fau, Auntie Vivi & Uncle Aziz and finally Auntie Mimi & Uncle PS. As for your cousins who have been dying to meet you since mummy married daddy over 2 years ago, there are Amirah, Nina, Aqilah, Afiqah, Aryan, Aqil, Sofie, Shasha, Lisa, Shafie, Eliza, Elina, Faten, Boboy, Nadya, Harith, Afam, Hakim, Sonia, Danial, Chenchen, Raiyan, Haziq, Irshad, Shafiq, Aishah, Afia, Waie and finally Arisha. I know its seems like it will take forever for you to remember everyone's names but by the time you'll be able to read this I'm sure you'll do just fine in knowing who's who and if you don't, mummy is always here to help.

The past 9 days has been the beginning of a journey down motherhood lane for mummy. I believe this journey involves you, me and daddy. We are a team and to enable an understanding between us, we need teamwork. I definitely don't see this as a "me" thing. Mummy knows it must be hard for you too, especially adjusting to life outside the womb. Your daddy has done his part by evolving around minor changes. He wakes up when you cry in the middle of the night and cuddles you while I make your milk. He has also reduced the air-con temperature to suit your liking which is a big effort from your daddy as he likes the room icy cold. Mummy on the other hand is getting used to waking up in the middle of the night and wee hours of the morning to feed you. I realize you often sleep for hours, sometimes one hour, sometimes even 3 hours. You surprised mummy when you slept for 5 hours in the afternoon. In between each nap you are up for about an hour, enough time to change and feed. It must be a major change for you, especially since you've been in a dark, cozy space for nine months.

So my love, till the next time I write, love you to bits. Quiet time is over, I have to attend to you now.

xoxo


My Sleeping Beauty

No comments: