Tuesday, December 16, 2008

3 Weeks Old

16th December 2008

Dear Baby Amellia,

Today you are 3 weeks old and so far motherhood is treating me well. I wonder if daughterhood is treating you well. I hope I'm being a good mother. Forgive mummy if I do something wrong but I'll try my very best to get things right.

Now, I can finally see your eyelashes and eyebrows though the colour is very faint. You have very light brown hair which stands up but mummy thinks its adorable. I brought you to the Mall the other day to do abit of X'mas shopping and I must say I was so proud cause you were getting compliments left, right and centre. You definitely stand out in a crowded room full of people as you are so pink. Then again, it could also be your light coloured hair.

Your little fingers and toes are growing and so is your tummy, especially since you can gulp down a bottle of milk in one go. Burbing you on the other hand is difficult. You never seem to want to burb but when you do burb, after alot of rubbing and tapping, you often let out one big one for such a tiny being.

One thing mummy realises, is that you most surely have the strength of your daddy's bones. You are such a strong baby. very strong for a three week old baby. You can left up your head to have a look round which you normally do when your on mummy's chest, such a busybody, just like me. Since you are strong for your age and since you love sleeping on my chest, daddy & mummy have decided to allow you to sleep on your tummy, which you seem to like compared to sleeping on your back.

Your Grandma has seemed to have grown very fond and very attached to you since you've been born. We even went out together, just the three of us today. You were asleep in her arms throughout the whole trip we were out of the house.

Its a trip seeing you develop over the past 3 weeks. Since I have nothing else to do but be with you, you'll realize there are a ton of your pictures from the day you were born till today and mummy is going to keep on snapping photos of you till you grow old. Be a good little girl now, my little pineapple.

Love,
Mummy




No comments: